The Broadway Center’s Education Program is one of the largest arts education programs in Washington State, serving more than 37,950+ students, teachers, and parents each year.
In partnership with Bethel, Puyallup and Tacoma School Districts, the programs offer:
- Broadway Center Conservatory: Year-round performing arts education
- Adult Outreach and Community Engagement: These programs include dialogues and shared creative experiences
- School-time Student Matinee performances: Include comprehensive study guides that help teachers connect matinee content to CCSS
- Award winning Professional Development: A variety of workshop options for educators of all subjects and grade levels in search of clock-hours or SPU credit
- The LENS Project: Learning Empathy Negotiation and Sense of Self, an arts integrated violence prevention program
- Annual Touring Show: Honors the civic principles embodied in the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Beatrice Herman Competition: Discovers and showcases the Puget Sound's finest young classical musicians
- Rodney Raccoon: Using kid-friendly mascot Rodney Raccoon to integrate music and multimedia into each lesson, youth are encouraged to learn about important issues that improve their life choices, overall health and long term success.
2014-15 Education Programs Sponsored by:
In partnership with: