The Broadway Center will energize and help lead a renaissance that brings shared joy and prosperity to our community.
The mission of the Broadway Center is to:
- Entertain our community through top quality and diverse performances,
- Ensure our children’s development through education and the arts,
- Empower our citizens through participation
- Enable our historic buildings and drive the revitalization of the Theatre District.
- Openness (staying transparent and eager to collaborate)
- Joy (celebrating our humanity)
- Courage (smart risk-taking, learning, changing)
- Diversity (reflecting our community onstage and off)
- Inclusiveness (inviting broad access, building strong relationships)
- Stewardship (honoring the legacy we inherit, nurturing the future)
About the Broadway Center
The Broadway Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and manages the largest complex of theaters between Seattle and Portland: Pantages Theater (seating 1169, built in 1918, and restored in 1983); the Rialto Theater (seating 739, also built in 1918, and restored 1991); and Theatre on the Square (seating 302, built in 1993).
The Broadway Center is recognized for its leadership in presenting world-class performing artists, providing one of the largest performing arts education programs in Washington State - serving over 40,000 students, teachers, and parents annually in the South Sound, including deep levels of service with our Kennedy Center Partners, the Bethel, Puyallup, and Tacoma School Districts - and preserving Tacoma's historic theaters.
The Broadway Center is proud to provide a vital home to Tacoma's Resident Arts Organizations that form the core of the performing arts in the South Puget Sound region: Northwest Sinfonietta; Puget Sound Revels; Tacoma City Ballet; Tacoma Concert Band; Tacoma Opera; Symphony Tacoma; and Tacoma Youth Symphony Association.
About Tacoma's Theater District
Downtown Tacoma has accomplished a revitalization of massive proportions over the past two decades. Beginning with the restoration of the Pantages and Rialto theaters. In combination with the debut of Sound Transit's Tacoma Link Light Rail, Tacoma's Theater District has been made more accessible, user-friendly and welcoming for tourists and local residents than ever before. A wide variety of unique merchants and restaurants, museums are available for you to enrich your cultural senses and explore Downtown Tacoma.