September 27, 2014
October 10, 2014
October 11, 2014
October 12, 2014
- Broadway Center presentsThursday, September 4, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.Storm Large: musician, actor, playwright, author, awesome. A singer with seemingly limitless talent and range, she shot to national prominence in 2006 as a finalist on the CBS show Rock Star: Supernova, where despite having been eliminated in the week before the finale, Storm built a fan base that follows her around the world to this day - and continues to grow as more audiences are discovering Large's smooth, powerful vocals that shatter the distinction between musical genres.
- Broadway Center presentsTuesday, September 9, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.Today, the premier Christian rock group is still producing some of the best and most uplifting alt-rock music anywhere. In that time, they’ve written over 100 songs, released 10 studio records, toured internationally and created Blood: Water Mission, an organization dedicated to providing clean blood and water for African nations suffering from the HIV/AIDS crises. The band has had its share of successes, including three GRAMMYs for Much Afraid, If I Left the Zoo and The Eleventh Hour. Their latest album, Inland, features embellishments of violin, horns and ambient melodies and rich lyrics that attest to two decades of creativity.
- Broadway Center presentsSaturday, September 20, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.A kids’ concert that parents will love! Caspar Babypants is the stage name of Chris Ballew (formerly of the Presidents of the United States of America), whose cutting edge lyrics and catchy tunes redefine “Kindie” music.
- Broadway Center and Immanuel Presbyterian Blues Vespers presentSaturday, October 4, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.Heritage Blues Orchestra is a dynamic combination of low-down country and urban blues with the bold brass of New Orleans; the hand-clapping fervor of gospel punctuated with fiery postmodern, jazz-infused horn arrangements; and the haunting cries of work songs and pulsating drums that reach back to the real roots of it all.
- Broadway Center presentsSaturday, October 11, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.Spectrum Dance Theater LOVE is Tony-nominated choreographer Donald Byrd’s exploration of the most complicated of human emotions. LOVE returns Byrd to the grandness and aesthetic beauty of pure dance, with leaps, lifts, and extensions.